Wednesday, December 23

Keep Christmas Well

I sooooo love A Christmas Carol and the ending of the 1951 version with Alastair Sim. One of my absolute Christmas favorites. I just love the awakening he has; the hysteria- the carpe diem.
Likewise (being a Turner Classic movie nerd) I love watching It's A Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart. Why is it that some of the best movie actors from the past have never since been replicated? The voices... the screen presence. Who could ever BE another Jimmy Stewart? A Carey Grant? Omg I could make such a long list of actors.... Oh! ..And Virginia and her stupid monkey faces.
Beyond that, though.. those are the best Xmas movies that I just love the messages in.
I love the awareness that the action of giving, gives to the giver. It gives you joy to bring others joy.
I love the recognition that YOU matter- your own personal value to others (It's a wonderful life)
The connection to childhood; the spirit of Belief and Faith in something greater and better than your Self (Kris Kringle, Miracle on 34th street)
Share, give, enjoy the spirit of the season regardless of religion.
Give because it feels good to do so.
Because it's the right thing to do.
It's the right way to live.

No comments: