Saturday, June 28

Good news is it has been literally a few years since I got some decent back pain. Bad news is oy, the last few days it's been steadily increasing. Right now I can stand up almost 90% straight but if I force myself to completely straighten my spine I get spasms and pain...
It's always my lower, lower back in the "sacral" area. If I'm not mistaken it's like S1 or L5 that are affected, as well as somewhere around T5 and 6 and C1 ... Most of the damage I incurred my my 2 car accidents. The first was in 1993 (we were going about 90km an hour and T-boned another vehicle that pulled out in front of us which was NOT our fault). This accident caused the MOST damage to us. Terrible spams for months, difficulty walking for months, sleepless, etc. To add insult to injury the insurance adjuster, seeing we were young and vulnerable, was an absolute jerk when discussing compensation for the accident. When I talked about my back pain and what I had gone through he said his back was also sore every day from sitting in a chair, and that back pain was part of normal everyday life. I was stunned and unable to defend myself. Should've got a lawyer, because that accident screwed our backs up FOR LIFE. The next accident in 1998 was just me in my tiny car; the same exact accident again at an intersection. A kid who had JUST got his licence 2 weeks before gunned it to turn left in front of me and I creamed him (again, 100% his fault). I had nowhere to swerve, trust me. This accident was 80km to zero and wrote off my car. Again, same insurance company, same ridiculous practices. But that's what happens when you have insurance that blankets the province and the SAME insurance company covers you AND the guy responsible for your accident. It's the same crap in Manitoba with Autopac. How is this system SUPPOSED TO WORK FAIRLY !?!? Evidently you CAN get insurance from other agencies in BC however my understanding is that BASIC insurance MUST be provided by ICBC by law. But I tell you what, I fully welcome private insurance having had these poor experiences that cause me back pain to this day. And this is 10 and 15 years LATER. No way I could've known that at the time, but certainly in retrospect I continue to feel pain, not to mention ripped off and insulted.
Anyways, that's my rant for today !!
Summary : my back hurts and I hate insurance LOL !!!
Enjoy your Canadian long weekend and hey- think about donating blood. Long weekends are notorious for car accidents and people need your blood!! I've been a donor for a few years now and give regularly every 56 days. Being an O Positive means my blood goes with anyones, so that makes me popular with them !!! Think about it- blood is "in you to give"...

1 comment:

Debbi said...

*I'm* O+ too! We're truly too cool! ;)