Sunday, December 27

Who Am I

Years ago I read Byron Katie.
She was introduced to me at a pivotal moment in my Life. I had been telling everyone my pain for so long it was the only story I sang.
Byron Katie taught me to Redefine & Investigate my story. Doing THE WORK made me look at it... Who *was I* if that wasn't my Story? (*Why was I telling it to EVERYONE, as if it defined me?? Why was I victimizing myself??) 
It's not easy to question yourself. 
It's not easy to ask hard questions. 
Harder still to go forward with a big Question Mark where before, at least you knew Your Story.. 
Who would I be now? Without it??
As we go into a new year, put your luggage down. Unpack. Unburden your Self. Redefine your story.
Rewrite what you thought your future may be..
It's not written yet  ;) 

No comments: