Thursday, December 22

Officially it is today that Winter Solstice arrives. December 20 and December 23 solstices occur less frequently than December 21 or December 22 solstices in the Gregorian calendar. The last December 23 solstice occurred in 1903 and will not occur again until the year 2303. A December 20 solstice has occurred very rarely, with the next one occurring in the year 2080. Whatever! As long as the days get longer now!
Are you ready for Xmas? I spose we are; I enjoy the little get togethers and year end celebrations at various people's places. Funny- we were just talking a few weeks ago about how we would like to ask people what their family traditions are, and out of the blue without asking in the first place, people have been volunteering this information to me lately! One person's family opens presents on Xmas day a couple at a time, a person at a time, then takes a break for breakfast or coffee and returns to the gift sharing. It takes them hours to open gifts. How cool! Another person loves the meal, and wearing the stupid crepe paper hats from the Xmas crackers, and the family dinner experience. I do enjoy Xmas very much, but I really like New Years Eve also. I think a tradition of maybe a family dinner where each person reflects on their year in a sharing manner would be really neat to record on a camera for future reflection.

What are your traditions? I would love to hear. Please leave me a comment and let me know!

No comments: