Saturday, June 21

WALKING...
25 kilometres a week.
For 2 weeks now !
Not bad, not bad...
Day 16 and I'm definitely feeling it in my legs these days; especially the hamstrings. Although walking up 10 flights of stairs daily helps (okay it's a 5 story building, but doesn't it count that there are 2 flights of stairs per story ?!!?) My next gig is to pick up some free weights and get back into working the barbells. Work it, baby, work it !!!
What else is new, hmmm...
/inserts the sound of crickets...
Yeah, not so much!

Actually it's quite nice to have a lull in activity before the pace picks back up again in July. Astrologically, Mercury is free from its retrograde action and is beginning to go forward slowly... ever so slowly. Not fully forward til July 2nd. That Strawberry Full Moon we had on the 18th is waning and Summer Solstice (longest day of the year) was yesterday. I took advantage of that and walked around the neighbourhood until about 10:30pm at dusk. Still very warm out, which was nice. Definitely felt like a summer evening.

Thursday I walked quite a hike all the way up to the river, and it was a bee-yoo-tiful day for that walk! Nicely maintained paths and roads for cyclists and walkers, great trees, nice homes to look at. Almost got lost on the way back, though... I still don't really know my way around the area completely. There was a point there I truly thought I would have to use my cell and get a ride home !! I thought if I didn't find my way out of the maze of boulevards and crescents I had found my way into how the hell would I ever get home!! But eventually I took a right turn somewhere and ended up on a familiar major 4 lane artery. Rather hilarious !! I could HEAR the road from where I was walking but I was trapped in these weird cul-de-sacs !! LOL

Anyhoo, time for all the county fairs ! Tomorrow is THE last night for the local fair so HOPEFULLY after work we'll go for the final night. Tuesday-Wednesday I have an invitation to spend an overnight at the lake with a friend at her cabin which will also be fun... Being on Flat Land here, I so miss being near the water!!! Can't wait until I get to see OCEAN again in August ... !!!

1 comment:

Debbi said...

OOOh, good for you- you walking machine! That's awesome.

And I love the cul-de-sac incidence. GHaha, that would have totally been me. lol