Saturday, November 28

What's Important?

I stood outside in the cool air, on a clear and chilly day talking to my partner about our lives. Everything is so complicated these days. The effects of which are readily apparent in every facet of our space. I love you, he says, and thank you for being with me through all of this. I love you, I say, and how could I not be? Without each other, what is important? How could I manage? Without him in my space every day I cannot fathom my life. 

The future we anticipated has not manifested the way that we had hoped. But we are together and that is something that cannot be removed from us, or challenged. I am thankful every day for this man. For his support, his love, his existence. Best relationship of my Life. 

And that- that is what is important.

No comments: