Friday, October 2

thankful

Heading into October and Thanksgiving month. 

After a long hiatus I am returning to blogging. 

Reading back in this blog to years past when I was single parenting. Working, daycare, juggling school and schedules, groceries and errands, cleaning and multiple cats. I moved each year for three years, from house, to condo to townhouse. I moved again last year from Vancouver island over to the mainland. There are so many moving parts to life. I have to credit my first long distance move to Winnipeg in 2007 with giving me the courage and realization that moving and change is not a terrible thing. That one, single, huge move changed the way that I looked at change, at loss, at adjusting and finally, at really recognizing my own power over self sustaining and independence.

Two years ago my lover surfaced which facilitated my last move. Here he was walking back into my life from history. From years gone by. From familiarity, from friendship. With empathy and understanding I heard his painful story that he was living in at that moment. He met me with his heavy baggage and unloaded it with me. I held him, I walked with him, I listened. I read over his shoulder and watched as everything unfolded and unfurled, further and further away from that painful epicenter. 

So much pain. 
So much stress. 
But it has been so great at the same time... 
So much comfort between us. 
So comfortable. Easy. Like it was always there. Like it always existed. 

Those cliches about finishing each other's sentences are right. 
Being in each other's head. Same page. Same thoughts. Same words. All same. 
Two years have flown by. 
I feel privileged to be on this arm. 
I feel grateful for his integrity. Character. Values. 
His humor, his laugh, his thoughtfulness, his intuitive nature. 
I will thankfully spend my life with him. 
Honored. 

No comments: